Search This Blog and The Web

American Girl Doll Knitted Scarf With A Cable Stitch

There was a lady who requested a video that would show how to knit a cable stitch. As I am getting ready for my art exhibition, I did not have much time lately, but yesterday and today, finally, I took a day off to work on the promised project. I decided to make a scarf for an American Girl Doll with the cable motif. If anyone needs the pattern for "American Girl Doll Purple Scarf" in the .pdf file for your iPads, CLICK ON THIS LINK.

Please, note that the written pattern below is different from the image. The image on the left has the edge knitted with the "seed stitch”. The “How To Knit Cable” video (see below) was videotaped with the"seed stitch” edge also. However, the pattern below has the edge written with the "GARTER  STITCH."


Material:
  • 2 double pointed needles (3 if you do not have a cable needle) - I used size #6
  • 1 cable needle
  • yarn - any medium thick yarn - I used Caron Simply Soft

Abbreviationss:

CO – cast on
sl last st – slip last stitch onto your needle without knitting it
K – knit
P – Purl
BO – bind off

Step-by-Step Directions:

Row 1 CO 12 sts
Row 2-6 K11, sl last st

Row 7 K4, P4, K3, sl last st
Row 8 K11, sl last st
Row 9 K4, P4, K3, sl last st
Row 10 K11, sl last st
Row 11 K4, P4, K3, sl last st
Row 12 K4, sl 2 sts onto helping needle and keep in front of the knit, K2 next sts, K2 sts from helping needle, K3, sl last st
Row 13 K4, P4, K3, sl last st

Rows 14 through 23 will be repeated several times, until your scarf is as long as you want it.

Row 14 K11, sl last st
Row 15 K4, P4, K3, sl last st
Row 16 K11, sl last st
Row 17 K4, P4, K3, sl last st
Row 18 K11, sl last st
Row 19 K4, P4, K3, sl last st
Row 20 K11, sl last st
Row 21 K4, P4, K3, sl last st
Row 22 K4, sl 2 sts onto helping needle and keep in front of the knit, K2 next sts, K2 sts from helping needle, K3, sl last st
Row 23 K4, P4, K3, sl last st

Then knit your last cable section and end of the scarf this way: 

Row 1 K4, sl 2 sts onto helping needle and keep in front of the knit, K2 next sts, K2 sts from helping needle, K3, sl last st
Row 2 K4, P4, K3, sl last st
Row 3 K11, sl last st
Row 4 K4, P4, K3, sl last st
Row 5 K11, sl last st
Row 6 K4, P4, K3, sl last st

And finish with the edge: 

Row 7-10 K11, sl last st
Row 11 BO and clean up the ends/tails.




***

DID YOU FIND ERRORS? Let me know on what page of my blog, and in which row by clicking HERE, and I will fix it as soon as I get to it. You can PM me on my FB Page HERE as well. Txs!
Also if you haven't subscribed to my HandmadeRukodelky Channel, you can do it HERE. There are many videos to be seen, too.

*******************************************************************************


Copyright page - click HERE



PLEASE, COMMENT ON YOUTUBE BELOW MY VIDEOS, AND/OR SHARE YOUR IMAGES OF YOUR RECREATED WORKS ON MY FB PAGE HERE :-)




Note: Most of the time I work as fast as I can to keep up with knitting and crocheting requests. I have to videotape, edit videos, then convert them & upload them to my channel. After that often I post on my blog patterns. I answer many questions, which means that often I work up to 16 hours a day. I would tremendously appreciate IF anyone of you who finds an error in the written pattern, to please, let me know - where (what rows) and what may be the problem. Many future knitters & crocheters from our artsy and crafty virtual world will thank you for your good deed, including myself.