Search This Blog and The Web

Crocheted Hat With Rolled Up Brim For American Girl Doll - Free Pattern

I wanted to crochet a rolled up hat for myself for quite some time. I finally made my hat in December. It  took me about ten tries until I had it just like I like it. Then I was thinking - I could make a hat for an American Girl Doll and share it with all of you as my appreciation for visiting my blog. Please feel free to use this pattern to make a gift for children of your  family and friends, for any donations to a good cause etc. Make it any color, and dress it up - sew on a flower or heart. Any little girl will love to accessorize her doll.
(Please, be aware that you may not sell this free pattern or your crocheted hat. The hat can be made for personal use or it can be given away as a gift only. Thank you.)

Material:
• Hook size #9 (I) – 5.50 mm
• 1 ball  “Vanna’s Choice" by Lion Brand Yarn, or any similar yarn – color of your choice (I used black)
• Scissors

Size: 
Hat (for an American Girl Doll) circumference 13.5 inches



Abreviations: 
• ch – chain
• sc – single crochet
• sl st – slip stitch
• rep – repeat

Step-by-step instructions: 
This pattern is crocheted in a sort of like a “spiral” manner. You need to use a marker in order to know where the last row ends.



Row 1 - ch 5 and join with a sl st in first ch to form a circle
Row 2 - 8 sc stitches in ring – place your marker on the end your row, which you will move with each row up
Row 3 - *(1 sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc); rep from * around – move your marker into a place of your last stitch
Row 4 - *(1 sc in each of next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc); rep from * around – move your marker into a place of your last stitch
Row 5 - *(1 sc in each of next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc); rep from * around – move your marker into a place of your last stitch
Row 6 - *(1 sc in each of next 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc); rep from * around – move your marker into a place of your last stitch
Row 7 - *(1 sc in each of next 5 sc, 2 sc in next sc); rep from * around – move your marker into a place of your last stitch
 Row 8 - *(1 sc in each of next 6 sc, 2 sc in next sc); rep from * around – move your marker into a place of your last stitch
Row 9-20 - *(1 sc in each sc); rep from * around - move your marker into a place of your last stitch. When finished with last row, crochet two sl. st in each sc (to make sure the yarn will not unravel), cut of your yarn and weave it into the edge of brim. Roll up the rim.