Search This Blog and The Web

Detailed Deconstruction Of Knit And Purl Stitches For Continental And American Styles Of Knitting

My day usually starts with coffee and with checking my e-mails and social media. That is if I do not have to go anywhere early in the morning. Today, as I was sipping my coffee, I noticed that in my comments on Youtube someone asked for a "slow" motion of purl stitch. So I decided to do a detailed and "deconstructive" video of knit and purl stitches in both - Continental and American styles of knitting (click on this link).
It is long 14 minutes, but it covers a lot for anyone who is learning to knit and who does not understand how it all works. For some of you, it may be too long, but this video is directed toward all new knitters that take a little longer to grasp the concept of knitting. If you are new to knitting remember - you have to train your brain first before you look like a professional knitter. It takes time. Your finger dexterity plus learning new tasks (stitches etc.) must "click" inside your brain. If you go slow, the brain will figure it out.

Here is my playlist of several videos for any beginner who is learning to knit. Watching them could improve knitting and eliminate many frustrations. Hopefully, this will help few of you.

Enjoy & Happy Knitting.


*********************************************************

See my many videos on my YouTube Channel HERE (you can load more videos at the bottom of my channel page)

Free knitting patterns/videos you may enjoy checking out:

Reversible Knitted Holiday Scarf
"Summer Rain" Halter Top (M size)
Cerulean Hat
Poncho
Knitted Long Basic Mittens (adult)
Basic Knitted Fingerless Gloves (adult)
Knitted Striped Fingerless Gloves (adult)
Charcoal Hat With Rolled Up Edge (youth/adult)
Spring To Fall Lacy Hat (youth/adult)