Search This Blog and The Web

Knitted Scarf With Triangular motives

It can be hard to knit a scarf with an interesting pattern. That is because most of the knit have right side and wrong side. Usually, for scarfs I like to do a "reversible" pattern. I made one scarf couple of years ago, which can be found HERE. And today, I would like to share with you another reversible scarf with triangular motives.

I found this pattern in one of my "pattern books" and I thought it would be great for a scarf. It is not difficult to knit (that is if you know how to do a knit stitch, purl stitch, cast on and bind off), but..... you just have to concentrate and count your stitches - so no TV watching while knitting this pattern :-)


HERE
 is a KNIT ALONG video of my "Triangular Scarf" for righties.

Abreviations:
CO - cast on
st(s) - stitch(es)
K - knit stitch
P - purl stitch
BO - bind off

Materials used:
Yarn: 3 skeins of Artful Yarns, old western, yarn thickness approximately #3 (or #4) - it is 138 yards (126 m) per skein (or any similar yarn)
Needles size #7
Hook #F
Scissors


Size:
you decide


Step-by-Step Instructions:

CO 30 sts 

Row 1-4         K30

Row 5            K3, *[P2, K6]* - repeat 3x total, K3
Row 6            K3, *[P6, K2]* - repeat 3x total, K3
Row 7            K3, *[P3, K5]* - repeat 3x total, K3
Row 8            K3, *[P4, K4]* - repeat 3x total, K3
Row 9            K3, *[P5, K3]* - repeat 3x total, K3
Row 10          K3, *[P2, K6]* - repeat 3x total, K3
Row 11          K3, *[P7, K1]* - repeat 3x total, K3
Row 12          K3, *[P2, K6]* - repeat 3x total, K3
Row 13          K3, *[P5, K3]* - repeat 3x total, K3
Row 14          K3, *[P4, K4]* - repeat 3x total, K3
Row 15          K3, *[P3, K5]* - repeat 3x total, K3
Row 16          K3, *[P6, K2]* - repeat 3x total, K3

Repeat as many times as you need. I repeated Row 5-16 (= 12 rows) 50 times and used 3 skeins of yarn.

Finish with 4 rows of K30 (in each row) and BO. Weave in both ends. If you want make a fringe.


***

DID YOU FIND ERRORS? Let me know on what page of my blog, and in which row by clicking HERE, and I will fix it as soon as I get to it. You can PM me on my FB Page HERE as well. Txs!
Also if you haven't subscribed to my HandmadeRukodelky Channel, you can do it HERE. There are many videos to be seen, too.

*******************************************************************************


Copyright page - click HERE



PLEASE, COMMENT ON YOUTUBE BELOW MY VIDEOS, AND/OR SHARE YOUR IMAGES OF YOUR RECREATED WORKS ON MY FB PAGE HERE :-)




Note: Most of the time I work as fast as I can to keep up with knitting and crocheting requests. I have to videotape, edit videos, then convert them & upload them to my channel. After that often I post on my blog patterns. I answer many questions, which means that often I work up to 16 hours a day. I would tremendously appreciate IF anyone of you who finds an error in the written pattern, so please, let me know - where (what rows) and what may be the problem. Many future knitters & crocheters from our artsy and crafty virtual world will thank you for your good deed, including myself.