Search This Blog and The Web

32B - Bralette

Sandy Beach Bralette - video tutorial
At the end of winter, I asked my daughter: "What should I crochet for my video next?"
She respondet: "A bralette".
"What is a bralette?" I asked her. 
She responded: "Google it."

Well, when I googled it realized it is just a bra with a little bit of "fabric" around the body. Basically a bra for the beach.
I liked her idea very much. 

I looked at several images on the Internet to get some inspiration. The cups are usually done in a very similar style. So I sort of "copied" the cups for my bra that other people made. But I wanted to make the rest of the bra that is a little bit different than everybody else's. Yet I wanted to make it as simple as possible for my video. I went through my pattern books. Slept on it. Made few sketches. Did some math. 

Then I got to work - and I got very involved when I was videotaping it. I  made this Bralette as I was crocheting and videotaping it - kind of like free form crochet - a combination of my ideas penned on the paper and ideas from my head. If you want to make bralette and would like to crochet along with my video, click on THIS LINK FOR IF YOU ARE A RIGHTIE, or you can click on THIS LINK IF YOU ARE A LEFTIE. It will keep you very cool in the summer. Maybe you will even make yourself a bottom and a skirt to go with it.

I didn't write the entire pattern - only for the bra cup part (see below).

If any one of my readers would like to write the "body part" down according to my video (as I am very busy and no time to do it) - I will give you a credit on my blog with a link to your blog (if you have one) or your Etsy store (if you have one) or credit your name - your choice.

Send me a message via my FB


BRA CUP PATTERN ONLY

Material:
Any cotton/linen DK yarn  (#3 weight)
Hook #C - 2.75mm
Scissors

Gauge (half double crochet stitches):
1"x1" = 5 st x 3 rows

Size:
32B cup


Step-by-Step:

Make 2.
Foundation: crochet 14 chain stitches

Row 1          make 1 hdc into 3rd chain stitch; then 1 hdc into each of 10 stitches; make (2 hdc, ch1, 2hdc) into 12th stitch; make 1 hdc into each of 11 stitches on the other (opposite) side of the chain; turn
Row 2          make 1 hdc into each of next 13 stitches, make (2 hdc, ch1, 2 hdc) into ch1 from previous row; continue making 1 hdc into each of 13 stitches on the opposite side; turn
Row 3          make 1 hdc into each of next 15 stitches, make (2 hdc, ch1, 2 hdc) into ch1 from previous row; continue making 1 hdc into each of 15 stitches on the opposite side; turn
Row 4          make 1 hdc into each of next 17 stitches, make (2 hdc, ch1, 2 hdc) into ch1 from previous row; continue making 1 hdc into each of 17 stitches on the opposite side; turn
Row 5          make 1 hdc into each of next 19 stitches, make (2 hdc, ch1, 2 hdc) into ch1 from previous row; continue making 1 hdc into each of 19 stitches on the opposite side; turn
Row 6          make 1 hdc into each of next 21 stitches, make (2 hdc, ch1, 2 hdc) into ch1 from previous row; continue making 1 hdc into each of 21 stitches on the opposite side; turn
Row 7          make 1 hdc into each of next 23 stitches, make (2 hdc, ch1, 2 hdc) into ch1 from previous row; continue making 1 hdc into each of 23 stitches on the opposite side; turn
Row 8          make 1 hdc into each of next 25 stitches, make (2 hdc, ch1, 2 hdc) into ch1 from previous row; continue making 1 hdc into each of 25 stitches on the opposite side; turn
Row 9          make 1 hdc into each of next 27 stitches, make (2 hdc, ch1, 2 hdc) into ch1 from previous row; continue making 1 hdc into each of 27 stitches on the opposite side; turn
Row 10         make 1 hdc into each of next 29 stitches, make (2 hdc, ch1, 2 hdc) into ch1 from previous row; continue making 1 hdc into each of 29 stitches on the opposite side

***

DID YOU FIND ERRORS? Let me know on what page of my blog, and in which row by clicking HERE, and I will fix it as soon as I get to it. You can PM me on my FB Page HERE as well. Txs!
Also if you haven't subscribed to my HandmadeRukodelky Channel, you can do it HERE. There are many videos to be seen, too.

*******************************************************************************


Copyright page - click HERE



PLEASE, COMMENT ON YOUTUBE BELOW MY VIDEOS, AND/OR SHARE YOUR IMAGES OF YOUR RECREATED WORKS ON MY FB PAGE HERE :-)






Note: Most of the time I work as fast as I can to keep up with knitting and crocheting requests. I have to videotape, edit videos, then convert them & upload them to my channel. After that often I post on my blog patterns. I answer many questions, which means that often I work up to 16 hours a day. I would tremendously appreciate IF anyone of you who finds an error in the written pattern, so please, let me know - where (what rows) and what may be the problem. Many future knitters & crocheters from our artsy and crafty virtual world will thank you for your good deed, including myself.