Search This Blog and The Web

Mayflower Summer Barefoot Beach Sandals

I had a request for adult triangular barefoot beach sandals. I wanted to make something easy, yet elegant looking. For that, I decided to incorporate costume pearl beads. I have no idea what kind of yarn I used because someone gave me a leftover from their project. But I know that this yarn is cotton, it is wound on a cone and is soft. The thickness is slightly thicker than sock yarn, but not that much thicker - I would say it is probably a "sport weight." I call these sandals "Mayflower Sandals" because the name of the cotton yarn is Mayflower - a charming pink color.

These sandals are crocheted only with six rows, which can be done very fast. All you need to know is how to crochet chain stitch, double crochet stitch, and slip stitch. If you know how to crochet these stitches you can make a very nice gift for someone. If you would like to knit these sandals for a child all you need to do is crochet lower number of rows.
Would you like to crochet along? Crochet along video for Righties HERECrochet along video for Lefties is HERE.

Video Playlist of all my Beach Sandal Designs for RIGHTIES is HERE & Video Playlist for LEFTIES is HERE


Materials:
any cotton Sport yarn - leftovers (several yards) - any color of your choice
hook - US size C,  2.75 mm
pearl beads 4 mm
scissors
sewing/yarn needle for weaving the ends in


Abbreviations:
ch - chain stitch
dc - double crochet stitch
sl st - slip stitch
bead A - slide bead all the way to the hook, make a chain, then make a slip stitch right below the bead in the third chain
bead B - crochet your third dc only through first two loops (half of the stitch), slide the bead all the way to the hook, then finish the third dc by pulling yarn through your remaining 2 loops, "locking the bead in"


Size:
Adult


Step-by-Step:

Make 2.
First string about 20 small beads onto the yarn for each sandal, or total about 40 beads.

Foundation for toes: ch20, join by overlapping first and last chain stitches

Row 1         ch3, work bead A, into the same base (= 2 ch sts) work 2 dc, then work bead B; turn (4 dc)
Row 2         ch3, work bead A, into the same base as ch3 work 2 dc; ch1 (space), into last ch st work 2 dc + work bead B; turn (two 3-dc clusters)
Row 3         ch3, work bead A, into the same base as ch3 work 2 dc; ch1 (space), 3 dc into next ch space, ch1 (space),  into last ch st work 2 dc + work bead B; turn (three 3-dc clusters)
Row 4         ch3, work bead A, into the same base as ch3 work 2 dc; ch1 (space), 3 dc into next ch space, ch1 (space),  3 dc into next ch space, ch1 (space), into last ch st work 2 dc + work bead B; turn (four 3-dc clusters)
Row 5         ch3, work bead A, into the same base as ch3 work 2 dc; ch1 (space), 3 dc into next ch space, ch1 (space),  3 dc into next ch space, ch1 (space), 3 dc into next ch space, ch1 (space), into last ch st work 2 dc + work bead B; turn (five 3-dc clusters)

Note: in the Row 6 we will incorporate beads between the "3-dc clusters"

Row 6         ch3, work bead A, into the same base as ch3 work 1 dc, work bead B, push the bead through both loops, then make ch1; 2 dc into next ch space, work bead B, push the bead through both loops, then make ch1; 2 dc into next ch space, work bead B, push the bead through both loops, then make ch1; 2 dc into next ch space, work bead B, push the bead through both loops, then make ch1; 2 dc into next ch space, work bead B, push the bead through both loops, then make ch1; into last ch st work 2 dc + work bead B; (six 3-dc clusters with beads in between them); do not cut yarn off yet.

Finishing:
Continue crocheting many chain sts - this will be your strap. Make it as long as you want (1.5' - 3'). When you have your desired length, cut the yarn off and make a knot at the end.
Crochet another strap of the same length on the opposite corner of your last row and make a knot at the end of your strap. Weave in all the ends. Have fun on a beach.


***

DID YOU FIND ERRORS? Let me know on what page of my blog, and in which row by clicking HERE, and I will fix it as soon as I get to it. You can PM me on my FB Page HERE as well. Txs!
Also if you haven't subscribed to my HandmadeRukodelky Channel, you can do it HERE. There are many videos to be seen, too.

*******************************************************************************


Copyright page - click HERE



PLEASE, COMMENT ON YOUTUBE BELOW MY VIDEOS, AND/OR SHARE YOUR IMAGES OF YOUR RECREATED WORKS ON MY FB PAGE HERE :-)




Note: Most of the time I work as fast as I can to keep up with knitting and crocheting requests. I have to videotape, edit videos, then convert them & upload them to my channel. After that often I post on my blog patterns. I answer many questions, which means that often I work up to 16 hours a day. I would tremendously appreciate IF anyone of you who finds an error in the written pattern, so please, let me know - where (what rows) and what may be the problem. Many future knitters & crocheters from our artsy and crafty virtual world will thank you for your good deed, including myself.