Search This Blog and The Web

Purple Rain Lacy Scarf

Purple Rain Lacy Scarf  
In August (2017) I posted a free pattern for a purple hat for Shaken Baby Syndrome (SBS). I used a purple part of Lion Brand yan for Shawls. However, I still had about 3/4 of the ball left over, and I wanted to use it up. Instead of a shawl, I decided to knit a scarf. I am a very busy person, and I was hoping to find an easy pattern that will look very rich. I looked through my books and found a chart I thought it could work. Believe it or not, this project turned out great - exactly what I wanted.
The yarn has two different fibers - cotton and acrylic. Cotton is making this scarf strong, and acrylic is making the yarn very soft - when I touch it, it feels plush against my fingers. Of course, I made videos for right-handed knitters and for left-handed knitters, too.


Materials (if you shop on-line via my affiliated links below, I would get few pennies, which would help to fund my future projects TXS):
Michaels on line store, OR Hobby Lobby, OR Jo-Ann Fabrics, OR Walmart 

Yarn: the purple part of Lion Brand; Shawl in a Ball; color: Mindful Mauve; 58% cotton/39% acrylic; 3 % other fiber; 5.3 oz/150 g; 518 yd/473 m; Note: I made 2 hats from the purple part of this yarn, which is surprisingly soft to the touch - see the link about the hats above

Knitting Needles - size #8 (5mm)
Hook - size #D
Yarn Needle (for weaving in the tail)
Scissors

Size:
Width of the scarf: 11"
Length: I just used leftover (about 3/4) of the yarn ball

Abbreviations:
CO - cast on
EDGE - knit 3 sts (or your desired # of stitches)
K - knit
P - purl
YO - yarn over
K2tog - knit 2 stitches together
SSK - slip knitwise, slip knitwise, knit both slipped stitches through the back loop
BO - bind off

Gauge:
My gauge corresponds with a manufacturer's gauge on any yarn label


Step-by-Step Directions:

CO 50 stitches (4 repeats of 11 sts + 3 sts for the first edge + 3 sts for the second edge).
Note: you can adjust a number of your repeats and edge stitches per your desire.


Row 1-6             K50

Pattern:
Note: you will repeat 10 rows of this lacy pattern until your desired length (we will start counting again from Row 1)

Row 1                 EDGE, pm; *(K2tog - 2x; YO, K, YO, K, YO, K, YO , SSK - 2x; pm)* - repeat total 4x; EDGE
Row 2                 EDGE; P44; EDGE
Row 3                 EDGE, pm; *(K2tog - 2x; YO, K, YO, K, YO, K, YO , SSK - 2x; pm)* - repeat total 4x; EDGE
Row 4                 EDGE; P44; EDGE
Row 5                 EDGE, pm; *(K2tog - 2x; YO, K, YO, K, YO, K, YO, SSK - 2x; pm)* - repeat total 4x; EDGE
Row 6                 EDGE; K44; EDGE
Row 7                 EDGE; K44; EDGE
Row 8                 EDGE; P44; EDGE
Row 9                 EDGE; K44; EDGE
Row 10               EDGE; P44; EDGE


After you knit your desired number of ROW repetitions, you will finish your scarf this way:

Row 1                 EDGE, pm; *(K2tog - 2x; YO, K, YO, K, YO, K, YO, SSK - 2x; pm)* - repeat total 4x; EDGE
Row 2                 EDGE; P44; EDGE
Row 3                 EDGE, pm; *(K2tog - 2x; YO, K, YO, K, YO, K, YO, SSK - 2x; pm)* - repeat total 4x; EDGE
Row 4                 EDGE; P44; EDGE
Row 5                 EDGE, pm; *(K2tog - 2x; YO, K, YO, K, YO, K, YO , SSK - 2x; pm)* - repeat total 4x; EDGE
Row 6                 K50 (take your markers out as you knit)
Row 7                 K50
Row 8                 K50
Row 9                 K50
Row 10               K50
Row 11               BO all your stitches and weave in your tails/ends


Click on the image to enlarge this chart




***

DID YOU FIND ERRORS? Let me know on what page of my blog, and in which row by clicking HERE, and I will fix it as soon as I get to it. You can PM me on my FB Page HERE as well. Txs!
Also if you haven't subscribed to my HandmadeRukodelky Channel, you can do it HERE. There are many videos to be seen, too.

*******************************************************************************


Copyright page - click HERE



PLEASE, COMMENT ON YOUTUBE BELOW MY VIDEOS, AND/OR SHARE YOUR IMAGES OF YOUR RECREATED WORKS ON MY FB PAGE HERE :-)




Note: Most of the time I work as fast as I can to keep up with knitting and crocheting requests. I have to videotape, edit videos, then convert them & upload them to my channel. After that often I post on my blog patterns. I answer many questions, which means that often I work up to 16 hours a day. I would tremendously appreciate IF anyone of you who finds an error in the written pattern, to please, let me know - where (what rows) and what may be the problem. Many future knitters & crocheters from our artsy and crafty virtual world will thank you for your good deed, including myself.