Search This Blog and The Web

Easy Crocheted Belt

Crocheted belt from a cotton thread
About a month ago I received a message via Facebook if I would, please, make a video of my belt that I published on my blog eon years ago (actually it was published January 6, 2010 - so it is almost like an anniversary). My daughter loved that belt and wore it a lot.
I told this nice lady that when I return home I will make a video of how to make such a belt. This time I made a belt for myself and as I was making it I videotaped the process. It is made from a thin thread, but the tread can be substituted by any cotton thread or yarn, provided that the crocheter adjusts the number of starting chain stitches. The video that I made is VERY detailed with several tips of my work process.
Working with a thinner thread (yarn) requires nimble fingers. The thicker thread (yarn) is easier to work with. Chose the thickness according to your dexterity in order to enjoy making this belt.

For videos "How To Crochet Easy Belt" click on either link below:

RIGHT-HANDED CROCHETERS CLICK HERE
LEFT-HANDED CROCHETERS CLICK HERE

Size:
Varies according to whom you are making it for = how wide and long you will make your belt (see videos for tips)

Abbreviations:
ch - chain
sc - single crochet


Materials:
1 ball of
Thinner Yarn/Thread - Aunt Lydia's  Crochet Thread No. 10
Hook - Stainless Steel Size 7 (1.65mm)
OR
Thicker thread/yarn - Paton's "Grace Cotton Yarn"
Hook - Stainless Size C (2.75mm)
OR
Thicker thread/yarn - Premier's "Cotton Flair"
Hook - Stainless Size C (3.50mm)

Scissors


Step-by-Step:

Foundation: make as many chain stitches as needed to correspond with a width of your pants/jean's belt loop (thinner yarn will require a higher number of chain stitches than thicker yarn). For my belt (see video links above), I crocheted 13 chain stitches as my foundation.

Row 1               1 sc into second ch from hook (12 sc sts)
Row 2-??          1 sc into each st from previous row (12 sc sts), make as many rows as needed for the length of the belt minus about 2 inches (the crocheted belt is stretchy - see tips in my video)

Finish video by attaching long strings, then making two rows of knots, then making a big knot and finally braiding the strings and forming tassels by tie-ing braids - see either video mentioned above for visual help.

***

DID YOU FIND ERRORS? Let me know on what page of my blog, and in which row by clicking HERE, and I will fix it as soon as I get to it. You can PM me on my FB Page HERE as well. Txs!
Also if you haven't subscribed to my HandmadeRukodelky Channel, you can do it HERE. There are many videos to be seen, too.

*******************************************************************************


Copyright page - click HERE



PLEASE, COMMENT ON YOUTUBE BELOW MY VIDEOS, AND/OR SHARE YOUR IMAGES OF YOUR RECREATED WORKS ON MY FB PAGE HERE :-)




Note: Most of the time I work as fast as I can to keep up with knitting and crocheting requests. I have to videotape, edit videos, then convert them & upload them to my channel. After that often I post on my blog patterns. I answer many questions, which means that often I work up to 16 hours a day. I would tremendously appreciate IF anyone of you who finds an error in the written pattern, so please, let me know - where (what rows) and what may be the problem. Many future knitters & crocheters from our artsy and crafty virtual world will thank you for your good deed, including myself.