Search This Blog and The Web

Tiny Baby Espadrilles

I have been knitting and crocheting baby shoes on and off for quite some time. A while ago I decided to crochet tiny baby espadrilles. As I was crocheting I made videos for right-handed and left-handed crocheters. I wrote a pattern for these tiny "cuties" you see in the image and a pattern below - but I forgot to finish it and publish it.
It is interesting how life gets in the way of my projects. Luckily, this pattern will see the light of the day because one of the crocheter artists asked me about the pattern for these smallest sizes espadrilles. As I was researching my published blogs, this unpublished write up came up. So here you go - below is the free written pattern, and in THIS PLAYLIST YOU WILL FIND VIDEOS FOR RIGHTIES, WHICH GOES WITH THIS PATTERN (and more).
Please be aware - since I wrote this pattern a long time ago, I am not sure how accurate it is - so if anyone finds ANY errata - PLEASE LET ME KNOW.  Help me correct it, and help your fellow crocheters so they can crochet without frustrations 🌹Thank you and happy crocheting.

LEFTIES WILL FIND THEIR PLAYLIST HERE!


Materials (if you shop via affiliated links below you could help fund my future projects TXS):
Michaels on line store, OR Hobby Lobby, OR Jo-Ann Fabrics, OR Walmart 

Afghan yarn, worsted #4 (ie. Loops & Threads "Impeccable" - I used Soft Taupe color for the soles and off-white for the top and heel)
hook - US size G,  4 mm
scissors
sewing/yarn needle for weaving the ends in


Size:
Length of the espadrilles is 4"


Step-by-Step:

Soles: make 4

color #1 (light brown)

Foundation: ch8

Row 1         3 hdc into 3rd chain st from hook, 1 hdc into next 4 ch st, 6 hdc into next st; next crochet 1 hdc in the next 4sts on the opposite side of initial foundation chain, 3 hdc in next st, join
Row 2         ch 2, 2 hdc in each of next 3 st, 1 sc into each of next 5 sts, 2 sc into each of next 4 sts, 1 sc into each of next 5 sts, 2 hdc into each of next 3 sts, join
Row 3          ch2, *[2 hdc into next st, 1 hdc into next st]* - 3x; 1 sc into each of next 6 sts, 2 sc into each of next 6 sts, 1 sc into each of next 6 sts,  *[1 hdc into next st, 2 hdc int next st]* - 3x; join

Place 2 soles with wrong side on top of each other and slip stitch them together with light brown yarn (insert your hook between two stitch of both soles at the same time and pull yarn through, then insert the hook between two stitches of both soles and pull yarn through soles and the stitch - repeat all around the perimeter. Do the same with the other pair. Weave in all the ends.

Top of the espadrilles

color #2 (cream)

With the right side up, and the tip part toward you find the center of the front. Count 10 stitches to the left from the center and place the marker. Then count 10 stitches to the right (from the center) and place the marker. You should have total 20 stitches.

Row 1 (RS)            Starting at the stitch where you placed your right marker (heel pointed to the right, tip of the sole to the left) crochet 1 sc in each stitch 20x. Turn.
Row 2 (WS)           1 sc in each st - 20x
Row 3 (RS)            2scTog - 2x, *[skip st, puff st]* - 5x, skip st, 2scTog - 2x, sl st into last st
Row 4 (WS)           1 sc in each of next 10 sts
Row 5 (RS)            2scTog, *[skip st, puff st]* - 2x, skip st,  2scTog, sl st into last st
Row 6 (WS)           1 sc in each of 4 sts, sl st along the edge and into the sole
Row 7 (RS)            *[crochet 3 chain picot, make 3 sl st along the edge]* - 5x, finish with 3 chain picot, sl stitch into the sole.


Heel

color #2 (cream)

With the right side up, and heel part facing away from you find the center of the heel. Count 8 stitches to the left from the center and place the marker. Then count 9 stitches to the right (from the center) and place the marker. You should have total 17 stitches.

Row 1 (RS)            Starting at the stitch where you placed your left marker (heel pointed to the left, tip of the sole to the right) crochet 1 sc in each of the 17 sts. Turn.
Row 2 (WS)           1 sc in each of 17 sts
Row 3 (RS)            1 sc in each of 7 sts, 3scTog, 1 sc in each of 7 sts (total 15 sts)
Row 4 (WS)           1 sc in each of 15 sts
Row 5 (RS)             1 sc in each of 6 sts, 3scTog, 1 sc in each of 6 sts (total 13 sts)

After you are finished with the row continue to crochet ch45 (= 45 chain sts). This will be your string tie. Cut your yarn off. make another string yarn (ch45) to the other side of the corner.

Weave in all ends.


***

DID YOU FIND ERRORS? Let me know on what page of my blog, and in which row by clicking HERE, and I will fix it as soon as I get to it. You can PM me on my FB Page HERE as well. Txs!
Also if you haven't subscribed to my HandmadeRukodelky Channel, you can do it HERE. There are many videos to be seen, too.

*******************************************************************************


Copyright page - click HERE



PLEASE, COMMENT ON YOUTUBE BELOW MY VIDEOS, AND/OR SHARE YOUR IMAGES OF YOUR RECREATED WORKS ON MY FB PAGE HERE :-)




Note: Most of the time I work as fast as I can to keep up with knitting and crocheting requests. I have to videotape, edit videos, then convert them & upload them to my channel. After that often I post on my blog patterns. I answer many questions, which means that often I work up to 16 hours a day. I would tremendously appreciate IF anyone of you who finds an error in the written pattern, so please, let me know - where (what rows) and what may be the problem. Many future knitters & crocheters from our artsy and crafty virtual world will thank you for your good deed, including myself.