Search This Blog and The Web

Knitted Christmas Stocking Pattern

Although holidays are approaching very fast you may still be able to knit this Christmas Stocking with a snowflake design for someone special.

Before I started to knit, first I purchased a nice looking wool (Cascade Yarn). Then I sketched a couple of snowflakes on the graph paper.
Since I wanted my stocking to be "thick" (so it could hang nicely by the fire place), I decided to double my yarn and still use a suggested size of knitting needles. Advantage to doubling my yarn (you can also use bulky yarn instead of doubling it) was that I didn't have to knit as many stitches as I would have to, if I would use only single yarn. I added pom-poms in my design to make the stocking different. However, you could make it without pom-poms and just add a little loop (you can knit one, or use a ribbon) so you could hang it.


This 7 page pattern with several images can be purchased via PayPal account or via Ravelry for $5.00

PayPal :




Ravelry: