Search This Blog and The Web

Knitted And Felted Purses From Wool >>> Pletene a "Srazene" Kabelky z Vlny

One of my friends introduced me to knitted felt purse making. You already saw my very first knitted felt purse that I posted not too long ago. After I created the first one I decided to make another one - my own design. I had in my closet a 100% wool that I bought on sale and never used it. Since I had just one kind, which was multicolor (black-dark blue-medium blue colors), I was thinking: "How would I make the purse interesting, since the color is so boring?" I decided to make my purse small, more like an accessory then a purse. I wanted it to be small, yet big enough to fit in my cell phone, car keys, driver license and credit card or money.  And I wanted it to have it over the shoulder. I thought that rectangular shape would be perfect. But this rectangular shape would be too boring in my opinion, so I decided to give it a twist as you see to the left.

Later on, another friend saw my purse and she loved the shape, but was not crazy about the color. Since her birthday was coming up, I told her I will knit the similar purse for her and that she can chose colors.She chose red and black. When you look at the image of a second purse you can see the flap much better. Also the handle is longer, because my friend wanted the purse to hang low.

Approximate Step-by-Step directions:

1. Cast on 50 stitches. It depends how wide you want your purse. Knit  like you would knit a sock - just all around. When your length is long enough start decreasing by knitting 2 stitches together until you have only 4 stitches - create about 3-5 inches tube like "string. You will continue to crochet a little ball that you will stuff with white fluff stuffing or anything that you will find at home suitable.

2. The flap: cast on directly on the "opening" of the purse - 25 stitches (1/2 of the stiches from the purse body) and after 4 rows start decreasing by knitting 2 stitches together. When you have 4 stitches left, create again same tube like string with a ball on the end.

3. The shoulder strap can be crocheted with the thickness of 4 strings and tied to the sides of the purse. If you prefer wider strap, you can knit a strap of your desired width and sew it onto your purse.

Wash the finished purse in hot water.



Below are other versions of the similar style I made at a later date with a slightly different designs.
Nize je jeste jina verze priblizneho stylu, kterou jsem vytvorila pozdeji, pouze trochu jiny navrh.



-->




*******************************************************


Jedna z mych kamaradek mi jednoho dne ukazala jeji kabelku, kterou vytvorila z vlny. Me to moc nadchlo a samozrejme jsem to musela take okamzite vyzkouset. Moji uplne prvni kabelku jste jiz videli. Pozdeji jsem vsak chtela vytvorit neco meho, neco co bych ja navrhla. Otevrela jsem skrin a nasla tam 100% vlnu, kterou jsem koupila ve sleve. Vlna mela zihanou barvu (cerna-tmave modra-stredne modra) a ja jsem tedy chtela utvorit kabelku, ktera by mela alespon zajimavy tvar, kdyz uz ne barvu. Kabelku jsem chtela malou, tak akorat na mobil, na klice, na ridicak a kreditni kartu ci penize. Navic jsem chtela kabelku pres rameno. Chtela jsem zajimavou kabelku, tak jsem dala obdelnikovemu tvaru me kabelky netradicni tvar.

Pozdeji jsem sla navstivit jednu kamaradku a moc se ji kabelka libila. Ponevadz se blizily jeji narozeniny, tak jsem ji rekla, ze ji kabelku upletu, at si vybere barvy. Vybrala si cervenou a cernou. Na teto kombinaci je lepe videt zapinani (poklop) kabelky. Navic reminek na rameno je delsi, ponevadz kamaradka si jej prala dlouhy.

Priblizny Postup:

Zacala jsem asi na 50 ocek. Pletla jsem dokola na 5 jehlicich, jako kdybych pletla ponozky. Az jsem mela dostatecnou delku, zacala jsem spletat 2 ocka dohromady. Kdyz jsem mela 4 ocka na jehlicich, tak jsem upletla snurku, ktera vypadala jako trubicka. na konci jsem pak uhackovala bambulku a vycpala.

Zapinani (klopu) kabelky jsem upletla tim stylem, ze jsem nahodila 25 ocek (presnou polovinu) primo na ram kabelky. Upletla jsem 4 rady a zacala jsem opet ubirat po 2 ockach. kdyz mi zbyly 4 ocka, upletla jsem opet tubicku a uhackovala bambulku jako u kabelky.

"Remen" pres rameno muzete uhackovat ze 4 spojenych vln (snurek) do delky podle vaseho uvazeni, pak provleknout po strane kabelky a udelat uzel. Nebo uplest sirsi pruh opet do delky vaseho uvazeni a prisit ke strane kabelky.

Vyperte v horke vode.