Search This Blog and The Web

Knit Along A Crown For A Child - Video Tutorial

Some of you know that I had re-written a pattern for a knitted baby crown, which is published in THIS post. I decided to make a video of knitting the crown. However, I made a couple of little mistakes in the video, which I pointed out on the screen, so there should be no problem following the video. It would be best if you print out the step-by-step directions first, and then watch the video along with your printed pattern. If you have a computer with a very wide screen, then you do not need to print out the pattern. Instead, you can open two windows next to each other and read and watch the instructions that way.
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE.

Note: The silver crown which is made from Lion Brand Yarns, Vanna's GLAMOUR (fine yarn #2), and fits baby with 15"-17" head. The yellow crown in the video was knitted with Red Heart "Super Saver" (medium yarn #4) and that fits 19" head and can stretch up to 21". Both crowns were knitted with size 5 needles, which silver crown is softer and looser, while the yellow crown is stiffer and can hold shape better.

Enjoy and good luck with this project.

If you have a hard time knitting on circulars, or double pointed needles (DPNs), check out my post where I wrote another pattern of this crown for knitters who use only straight knitting needles. CLICK HERE to see the post.

Just FYI

One of my video viewers asked me if it could be altered for newborn and here was my answer (from comments):
when I used thin yarn #2 (sock yarn weight), "7 peaks" measured 15", with worsted yarn #4, 7 peaks measured 19" (according to my blog)... so lets put math to our calculation thin yarn #2 each peak is about 2.14" - that means 6 peaks would measure 12.85" (about the size for newborn), with thick (worsted) yarn #4 each peak is about 2.715" - which 5 peaks would measure about 13.6" about size of the newborn - depending how big head a newborn baby has....
I would measure the baby's head (or get the measurements from mother if it is a gift) and if the head is about 12.5" - 13" you can do the thin yarn with 6 peaks... if you want the baby grow into it then you can do the thicker yarn with 5 peaks, OR one more version is to knit with DK yarn and do 5 peaks - which in size it will be closer to the one from thin yarn... there is also Sport yarn (a tiny bit thicker than sock yarn) but thinner than DK yarn.... Now in the movie and on my blog I used 7 peaks (repetitive sections) - each repetitive section is 18 stitches... sooooo with thin yarn #2 and 6 peaks you would need to start on 18x6=108 stitches, with thicker yarn and 5 peaks you would need to start on 18x5=90 stitches...
IMPORTANT - use the knitting needles suggested by manufacturer.

***

DID YOU FIND ERRORS? Let me know on what page of my blog, and in which row by clicking HERE, and I will fix it as soon as I get to it. You can PM me on my FB Page HERE as well. Txs!
Also if you haven't subscribed to my HandmadeRukodelky Channel, you can do it HERE. There are many videos to be seen, too.

*******************************************************************************


Copyright page - click HERE



PLEASE, COMMENT ON YOUTUBE BELOW MY VIDEOS, AND/OR SHARE YOUR IMAGES OF YOUR RECREATED WORKS ON MY FB PAGE HERE :-)




Note: Most of the time I work as fast as I can to keep up with knitting and crocheting requests. I have to videotape, edit videos, then convert them & upload them to my channel. After that often I post on my blog patterns. I answer many questions, which means that often I work up to 16 hours a day. I would tremendously appreciate IF anyone of you who finds an error in the written pattern, so please, let me know - where (what rows) and what may be the problem. Many future knitters & crocheters from our artsy and crafty virtual world will thank you for your good deed, including myself.