Search This Blog and The Web

Knitted Crown For Little Girls On Double Pointed Needles

Once upon a time, there lived a beautiful princess. Her mom loved to knit. One day her mommy came across a very nice looking headband while searching for knitting ideas. She thought: "Hmmm... My little princess would like that very much." She searched some more until she found a free pattern. However, the pattern had a few errors. As she was knitting she struggled a little. She decided to re-write the pattern to her liking and to change the edge of the crown a little. When she finished knitting the crown she gave it to her little girl. The princess jumped with joy and wore the beautiful platinum crown all the time. She even wore it to a bed at night. Her mommy decided to share the updated pattern on her blog. The end.

OK. OK. Enough of this fairy-tale. Here is more info :-)
I used Lion Brand, Vanna's Glamour in platinum color, but you can use any other yarn brand of your choice. Also if you'd use thicker yarn and higher-sized needles the headband would get slightly bigger and taller.

I think this a great way to keep your girl's ears warm on a windy spring day and at the same time have your princess (or even a prince) looking stylish. It makes a great gift, too.
Enjoy.

Read my other post about using thicker yarn HERE, or you can watch my video HERE.

If you have a hard time knitting on circular, or double-pointed needles (DPNs), check out my post where I wrote another pattern of this crown for knitters who use only straight knitting needles. CLICK HERE to see the post.

Crocheters can make their crowns too - THIS ONE is a simple crown, and THIS ONE is taller and more elaborate.


Copyright page - click HERE


Materials (if you shop via affiliated links below you could help fund my projects TXS):
Michaels online store, OR Hobby Lobby, OR Jo-Ann Fabrics, OR Walmart
1 skein of yarn - fine weight #2 or #3
long needles size #5, circular needles size #5, OR five double-pointed needles #5
scissors
yarn needle for weaving in the ends

Abbreviations:
K - knit
P - purl
s2k - slip two stitches knit-wise (one at a time) from your left needle to your right needle
p2sso - pass two slipped stitches off your right needle over your knitted stitch (decrease by 2 stitches)
pm - place marker onto your right needle
sm - slip marker from left needle onto your right needle
YO - yarn over
BO - bind off

Size:
circumference of my knitted crown measures 13.5", and is 2.5" tall at the highest point

Step-by-step Instructions:

We work on multiple of 18 sts.

Row 1 - CO 126 sts
Row 2 - *[K8, s2k, K1, p2sso, K7, pm]* - repeat from * to * six more times (total 7 points) - join without twisting the knit, Note: if you are using circular needles use magic loop, if you are using DPNs distribute stitches evenly
Row 3 - *[P7, s2k, K1, p2sso, P6, sm]* - repeat from * to * six more times
Row 4 - *[K6, s2k, K1, p2sso, K5, sm]* - repeat from * to * six more times
Row 5 - *[P5, s2k, K1, p2sso, P4, sm]* - repeat from * to * six more times
Row 6 - K all sts
Row 7 - *[K1, YO, K3, s2k, K1, p2sso, K3, YO, sm] - repeat from * to * six more times
Row 8 - K all sts
Row 9 - *[K2, YO, K2, s2k, K1, p2sso, K2, YO, K1, sm] - repeat from * to * six more times
Row 10 - K all sts
Row 11 - *[K3, YO, K1, s2k, K1, p2sso, K1, YO, K2, sm] - repeat from * to * six more times
Row 12 - K all sts
Row 13 - *[K4, YO, s2k, K1, p2sso, YO, K3, sm] - repeat from * to * six more times
Row 14-15 - P all sts
Row 16-17 - K all sts
Row 18-19 - P all sts
Row 20 - BO (loosely) all sts

Note: for Rows 14 through 20 you can remove all markers.

Weave in your ends.


***

DID YOU FIND ERRORS? Let me know on what page of my blog, and in which row by clicking HERE, and I will fix it as soon as I get to it. You can PM me on my FB Page HERE as well. Txs!
Also if you haven't subscribed to my HandmadeRukodelky Channel, you can do it HERE. There are many videos to be seen, too.

*******************************************************************************


Copyright page - click HERE



PLEASE, COMMENT ON YOUTUBE BELOW MY VIDEOS, AND/OR SHARE YOUR IMAGES OF YOUR RECREATED WORKS ON MY FB PAGE HERE :-)




Note: Most of the time I work as fast as I can to keep up with knitting and crocheting requests. I have to videotape, edit videos, then convert them & upload them to my channel. After that often I post on my blog patterns. I answer many questions, which means that often I work up to 16 hours a day. I would tremendously appreciate IF anyone of you who finds an error in the written pattern, so please, let me know - where (what rows) and what may be the problem. Many future knitters & crocheters from our artsy and crafty virtual world will thank you for your good deed, including myself.