Search This Blog and The Web

Knitted Diaper Cover For A Newborn - Free Written Pattern and Video

Not too long ago, I worked on a video "how to knit a diaper cover", aka soakers, for a newborn.

One of my YouTube viewers would rather follow a written pattern, so I decided to take a little bit of time from my busy schedule and do it for all the knitters that would like to see it written as well.

If you do not mind following videos - HERE is the link to my YouTube Channel with many different videos. If you prefer patterns, feel free to browse through my blog.

Here are the DIAPER COVER video links for LEFTIES, and video for RIGHTIES.

And CLICK HERE for another diaper cover "Holy Guacamole" knitted with thick cotton yarn.

Enjoy.


Materials (if you shop via affiliated links below you could help fund my future projects, TXS):
Michaels on line store, OR Hobby Lobby, OR Jo-Ann Fabrics, OR Walmart 

Lion Brand, Wool-Ease, Thick and Quick; super bulky; 80% acrylic, 20% wool; color of your choice, 5oz/140 g; 87 yds/80 m;
Knitting Needles - 9 mm
2 buttons - this site has a vast array of beautiful buttons
scissors
sewing needle to sew buttons on

Gouge:
4" x 4" = 9 sts x 12 rows

Step-by-Step:

Foundation - CO 16
   
Row 1-4           K1, *(K1, P1)* - repeat, K1 last st

Row 5 (A)        K16
Row 6 (B)        K4, P8, K4

Repeat Row 5 (or in video Row A) and Row 6 (= Row B)11x total

Row 27            K4, m1R, K8, m1L, K4
Row 28            K4, m1R and purl it, P10, m1R and purl it, K4
Row 29            K4, m1R, K12, m1L, K4
Row 30            K4, m1R and purl it, P14, m1R and purl it, K4

Row 31            K4, m1R, K16, m1L, K4
Row 32            K4, P18, K4
Row 33            K4, m1R, K18, m1L, K4
Row 34            K4, P20, K4
Row 35            K4, m1R, K20, m1L, K4
Row 36            K4, P22, K4
Row 37            K4, m1R, K22, m1L, K4
Row 38            K4, P24, K4

Row 39            K32
Row 40            K4, P24, K4
Row 41            K32
Row 42            K4, P24, K4

Row 43            K4, m1R, K24, m1L, K4
Row 44            K4, P26, K4
Row 45            K34
Row 46            K4, P26, K4

Row 47-48       K1, *(K1, P1)* - repeat, K1 last st
Row 49            K2, YO, K2tog, *(K1, P1)* - repeat until last 4 sts, P2tog, YO, P1, K1
Row 50            K1, *(K1, P1)* - repeat, K1 last st

Row 51            BO, sew on buttons, weave in ends


***

DID YOU FIND ERRORS? Let me know on what page of my blog, and in which row by clicking HERE, and I will fix it as soon as I get to it. You can PM me on my FB Page HERE as well. Txs!
Also if you haven't subscribed to my HandmadeRukodelky Channel, you can do it HERE. There are many videos to be seen, too.

*******************************************************************************


Copyright page - click HERE



PLEASE, COMMENT ON YOUTUBE BELOW MY VIDEOS, AND/OR SHARE YOUR IMAGES OF YOUR RECREATED WORKS ON MY FB PAGE HERE :-)






Note: Most of the time I work as fast as I can to keep up with knitting and crocheting requests. I have to videotape, edit videos, then convert them & upload them to my channel. After that often I post on my blog patterns. I answer many questions, which means that often I work up to 16 hours a day. I would tremendously appreciate IF anyone of you who finds an error in the written pattern, so please, let me know - where (what rows) and what may be the problem. Many future knitters & crocheters from our artsy and crafty virtual world will thank you for your good deed, including myself.