Search This Blog and The Web

Reversible Knitted Holiday Scarf


I love patterns for scarves that are reversible because they look beautiful on both sides. The pattern that I am sharing with you today is just that - same on both sides. On top of being identical on both sides, it is also very easy to knit. It is perfect even for advanced (or talented) beginners. All you need to know is how to cast on, how to do a knit stitch, how to do a purl stitch and how to bind off. That is all. Easy. Simple. Beautiful. If you are a novice knitter try to knit a washcloth, a scarf or a shrug. If you are an adventurer use this pattern for a blanket.

Knitters who would like to look at a quick visual video for reference (for lefties and righties), CLICK HERE to see my HandMade-Rukodelky Facebook Page - and then click on videos located in the menu bar. Or here are direct links to this 4-minute visual videos: RIGHTIES CLICK HERE and LEFTIES CLICK HERE

Knitters who would like to see my video of a narrated long version of this project (which is uploaded to YouTube) click on either link below:

RIGHTIES CLICK HERE
LEFTIES CLICK HERE


And lastly - my free written pattern is below.

Note: If you knit for people you may sell your product made from any of my patterns, but please do not claim my pattern as yours. And all I ask you - please reference me. I work hard for all of you - without a pay, so play nice :-)
Enjoy.

Size:
Make your own size

Materials (if you shop via affiliated links below you could help fund my future projects TXS):
Michaels online store, OR Hobby Lobby, OR Jo-Ann Fabrics, OR Walmart

Yarn: Use any yarn of your choice. I used 3 balls of Cascade Yarns, Bollicine, Holiday; a blend of 70% merino wool & 30% acrylic; color 22 - red; 50 gr/1.76 oz; 125m/136 yd.  (sold in specialty stores only)
Knitting Needles: Use a size recommended by a manufacturer. I used US 7/4.50 mm

Gauge (2k/2p ribbing with Cascade Yarns):
38 sts = unstretched 6", stretched 9"
Note: Thinner yarn will be narrower, thicker yarn will be wider

Abbreviations:
CO - cast on
K - knit
P - purl
BO - bind of
st, sts - stitch, stitches



Step-by-Step:

Foundation: 
Cast On multiples of 4 sts (plus 2 sts - optional). I casted on 38 stitches - (9 x 4 sts) + 2 sts for edges (1 st for each edge). For wider items you'll need lot more stitches.
Note: You can cast on ANY multiple of 4 stitches - use this pattern for shrugs or blankets too.

Row 1-2          K3, *[P2, K2]* - repeat to last 3 sts, P3
Row 3-4          K 38

Repeat rows as many times as needed for desired length.

Last Row - BO all stitches and weave in ends.

Note: You see how easy this pattern is? Told you so.


***

DID YOU FIND ERRORS? Let me know on what page of my blog, and in which row by clicking HERE, and I will fix it as soon as I get to it. You can PM me on my FB Page HERE as well. Txs!
Also if you haven't subscribed to my HandmadeRukodelky Channel, you can do it HERE. There are many videos to be seen, too.

*******************************************************************************


Copyright page - click HERE



PLEASE, COMMENT ON YOUTUBE BELOW MY VIDEOS, AND/OR SHARE YOUR IMAGES OF YOUR RECREATED WORKS ON MY FB PAGE HERE :-)




Note: Most of the time I work as fast as I can to keep up with knitting and crocheting requests. I have to videotape, edit videos, then convert them & upload them to my channel. After that often I post on my blog patterns. I answer many questions, which means that often I work up to 16 hours a day. I would tremendously appreciate IF anyone of you who finds an error in the written pattern, so please, let me know - where (what rows) and what may be the problem. Many future knitters & crocheters from our artsy and crafty virtual world will thank you for your good deed, including myself.