Search This Blog and The Web

Amigurumi Bunny

Someone asked me to make an Amigurumi video. Since I am always extremely busy with many other projects (fyi, I am working on about 30+ of them simultaneously!, including my art projects, and classes in our community college for a 2 year degree) that I was postponing this project for a later date, as I am doing with all other 30+ projects that I am working on LOL. However, the other day I saw an easy Amigurumi Egg on the internet with a free pattern. I sat down and videotaped it with Kristi's permission. You can see her free written pattern on her WEBSITE HERE, and my links to VIDEOS FOR RIGHTIES AND LEFTIES HERE.
Well, this got me hooked and I put EVERYTHING on hold and decided to work on my Amigurumi "test toy" design. A Bunny, that is. And then, just for fun, I decided to make a "stop motion" video with my Honey Bunny - so if you like positive videos you can see it HERE. One of these days I should make a crochet along Honey Bunny video. Hopefully. 

So, about almost a week later, after crocheting my Honey Bunny, taking notes of crocheting my Honey Bunny, making the fun video, you can see below the written outcome.
BTW, the beauty of making crocheted toys is that you can use any thickness of yarn with an appropriate hook. A thin yarn will produce a small toy; a thick yarn will create a big toy. I hope to make a video of how to crochet this bunny too. But for now, just a free pattern will have to do. So, if you decide to crochet this Honey Bunny, I hope you will have as much fun with it as I did.


Copyright page - click HERE

PLEASE, COMMENT ON YOUTUBE BELOW MY VIDEOS, AND/OR SHARE YOUR IMAGES OF YOUR RECREATED WORKS ON MY FB PAGE HERE :-)

Note: Most of the time I work as fast as I can to keep up with knitting and crocheting requests. I have to videotape, edit videos, then convert them & upload them to my channel. After that often I post on my blog patterns. I answer many questions, which means that often I work up to 16 hours a day. I would tremendously appreciate IF anyone of you who finds an error in the written pattern, to please, let me know - where (what rows) and what may be the problem. Many future knitters & crocheters from our artsy and crafty virtual world will thank you for your good deed, including myself.

Let me know by clicking HERE, and I will fix it as soon as I get to it. You can PM me on my FB Page HERE as well. Txs!
Also if you haven't subscribed to my HandmadeRukodelky Channel, you can do it HERE.



This is how I work - I write and rewrite my designs until they take shape that I am looking for;
and perhaps several days later I may have a sample for design to be published in the form of a free
pattern and most of the time a video too :-)
Materials:

Yarn: use any yarn you want; I used about 1/3 of Patons "Grace"; yarn weight - #3/light; 100% Mercerized Cotton; 125 m/136 yds; 50 g/1.75 oz; color white; plus a string of black for eyes (or use eyes, made specifically for toy making)
Hook size: use a hook one size smaller than a hook recommended by a manufacturer; I used 3.00 mm
Polyester Polyfill 
Scissors
Yarn needle
Stitch marker


Abbreviations:

mr - magic ring (loop)
sc - single crochet stitch
sc "n" - single crochet 1 stitch in each stitch from  previous row, where "n" represents number of consecutive stitches needed to be crocheted (ie. sc 6)
m - marker (I use about 2.5"-4" long string of yarn, which I place right after I finish last sc stitch in each round and before I start a new sc stitch = the string stays between the stitches until I am done with each round)
inc - increase = make two single crochet stitches into the same stitch
dec - invisible decrease = crochet two single crochet stitches together through the front loops
[text in these parentheses] - repeat total number of times
(number in these parentheses) - total number of stitches you should have at the end of the finished row
sl st - slip stitch


Step-by-Step

All parts are crochet in spiral fashion, do not join rows with slip stitches, but rather continue immediately

Body - make one

Rnd 1               mr, sc 6; m
Rnd 2               incr 6x total (= 2 sc sts in each of next 6 consecutive sts); m (total 12 sts)
Rnd 3               *[sc 1, incr]* - repeat from * to * 6x total; m (total 18 sts)
Rnd 4               *[sc 2, incr]* - repeat from * to * 6x total; m (total 24 sts)
Rnd 5               *[sc 3, incr]* - repeat from * to * 6x total; m (total 30 sts)
Rnd 6               sc 30; m
Rnd 7               *[incr, sc 5]* - repeat from * to * 5x total; m (total 35 sts)
Rnd 8-9            sc 35; m
Rnd 10              *[sc 15, dec, sc 16, dec]*  - m (total 33 sts)
Rnd 11              *[sc 9, dec]* - repeat from * to * 3x total; m (total 30 sts)
Rnd 12              *[sc 4, dec]* - repeat from * to * 5x total; m (total 25 sts)
Rnd 13              *[sc 3, dec]* - repeat from * to * 5x total; m (total 20 sts)

Make small pieces of Polyfill and start stuffing them inside. As you finish two or three more rows add some more of the stuffing - make sure you do not make the stuffing lumpy, and that it doesn't make bumps on the surface. Spread it nicely along the walls on the inside.

Rnd 14-16         sc 20; m
Rnd 17              *[sc 4, incr]* - repeat from * to * 4x total; m (total 24 sts)
Rnd 18               sc 24; m
Rnd 19               *[sc 4, dec]* - repeat from * to * 4x total; m (total 20 sts)
Rnd 20               *[sc 3, dec]* - repeat from * to * 4x total; m (total 16 sts)
Rnd 21               *[sc 2, dec]* - repeat from * to * 4x total; m (total 12 sts)
Rnd 22               *[sc 1, dec]* - repeat from * to * 4x total; (total 6 sts);

Leave a long tail and f/o. Finish stuffing your Bunny's body so it feels firm. Thread your yarn needle with the long tail. Pick up the front loops of the 6 stitches from last row and close the opening.


Leg - make 2

Rnd 1               mr, sc 6; m
Rnd 2               sc1, incr - 4x, sc 1; m (total 10 st)
Rnd 3               sc 1, incr, sc 1, incr - 2x, sc 1, incr,  sc 2; m (total 14 st)
Rnd 4               sc 14; m
Rnd 5               sc 2, dec, sc 6, dec, sc 2; m (total 12 st)
Rnd 6               sc 2, dec, sc 4, dec, sc 2; m (total 10 st)

Make small pieces of Polyfill and start stuffing them inside. As you finish two or three more rows add some more of the stuffing - make sure you do not make the stuffing lumpy, and that it doesn't make bumps on the surface. Spread it nicely along the walls on the inside.

Rnd 7-8            sc 10; m; then finish with two extra sl sts to even out the edge

Leave a long tail and f/o. Finish stuffing your Bunny's leg, but don't stuff it all the way to the edge, leave the edge area flat, so the bunny's bottom is flat. Set aside.


Arm - make 2

Rnd 1               mr, sc 6; m
Rnd 2               incr 6x total (= 2 sc sts in each of next 6 consecutive sts); m (total 12 sts)
Rnd 3-5            sc 12; m

Make small pieces of Polyfill and start stuffing them inside. As you finish two or three more rows add some more of the stuffing - make sure you do not make the stuffing lumpy, and that it doesn't make bumps on the surface. Spread it nicely along the walls on the inside.

Rnd 6               *[dec, sc 4]* -  repeat from * to * 2x total; m (total 10 sts)
Rnd 7-8            sc 10; m; then finish with two extra sl sts to even out the edge

Leave a long tail and f/o. Finish stuffing your Bunny's arm, but don't stuff it all the way to the edge, leave the edge area flat, so the bunny's arms lay flat at the body after you attach them. Set aside.


Bunny Ears - make two

Rnd 1               mr, sc 6; m
Rnd 2               incr 6x total (= 2 sc sts in each of next 6 consecutive sts); m (total 12 sts)
Rnd 3               *[sc 1, incr]* - repeat from * to * 6x total; m (total 18 sts)
Rnd 4-7            sc 18; m
Rnd 8               *[sc 7, dec]* - repeat from * to * 2x total; m (total 16 sts)
Rnd 9               *[sc 6, dec]* - repeat from * to * 2x total; m (total 14 sts)
Rnd 10             *[sc 5, dec]* - repeat from * to * 2x total; m (total 12 sts)
Rnd 11             *[sc 4, dec]* - repeat from * to * 2x total; m (total 10 sts)
Rnd 12-13        sc 10; m
Rnd 14               *[sc 3, dec]* - repeat from * to * 2x total; m (total 8 sts)
Rnd 15              sc 8; m

Leave a long tail and f/o. Do not stuff your Bunny's ears, set aside.


Tail - make 1

Rnd 1               mr, sc 6; m
Rnd 2               incr 6x total (= 2 sc sts in each of next 6 consecutive sts); m (total 12 sts)
Rnd 3               *[sc 4, dec]* - repeat from * to * 2x total; m (total 10 sts)
Rnd 4               *[sc 3, dec]* - repeat from * to * 2x total; m (total 8 sts); then finish with two extra sl sts to even out the edge. Leave a long tail and f/o.

Make tiny pieces of Polyfill and stuff the tail all the way to the edge - make sure you do not make the stuffing lumpy, and that it doesn't make bumps on the surface. Spread it nicely along the walls on the inside. (Note: I used a back of the pencil)


Joining Pieces Together:

Weave your long tail into a yarn needle and sew onto the body. Legs and tail are attached in triangle - legs in the third row and tail in the 5th row counting from the bottom center of the body (the wider part). Arms are attached above the legs, but in the 10th row from the top. Ears are bent at the edge into a moon shape and sewn on at the top of the head across Row 2 and 3 off the center (slightly toward the back). Eyes are sewn at the 7th row from the top, directly straight up from the front of each arm. Bunny's Snout (mouth) was created by making a cross in the middle between the eyes in the 9th row counting from the top.

After sewing each tail was weaved in invisibly.

ENJOY, COMMENT AND SPREAD THE JOY OF CROCHET AND KNITTING.


***

DID YOU FIND ERRORS? Let me know on what page of my blog, and in which row by clicking HERE, and I will fix it as soon as I get to it. You can PM me on my FB Page HERE as well. Txs!
Also if you haven't subscribed to my HandmadeRukodelky Channel, you can do it HERE. There are many videos to be seen, too.

*******************************************************************************


Copyright page - click HERE



PLEASE, COMMENT ON YOUTUBE BELOW MY VIDEOS, AND/OR SHARE YOUR IMAGES OF YOUR RECREATED WORKS ON MY FB PAGE HERE :-)




Note: Most of the time I work as fast as I can to keep up with knitting and crocheting requests. I have to videotape, edit videos, then convert them & upload them to my channel. After that often I post on my blog patterns. I answer many questions, which means that often I work up to 16 hours a day. I would tremendously appreciate IF anyone of you who finds an error in the written pattern, so please, let me know - where (what rows) and what may be the problem. Many future knitters & crocheters from our artsy and crafty virtual world will thank you for your good deed, including myself.