Search This Blog and The Web

Crocheted Hat With Raised Design - Cepice S Reliefnim Designem

I love to make hats. I remember hats similar to this one back in 70's, but as you all know the fashion always returns with slight updated changes. These hats are quite popular in the Czech Republic and other European countries nowadays, and there are many different versions. To the left you can see my "white/cream" version and below a smaller version in pink.

I used worsted acrylic yarn to crochet both of my hats. I was supposed to use 5 mm hook (size H), but instead I used 3.50 mm (size E), which resulted in a very firm and dense feel of the hat. It is great for a windy and cold weather. However, if you prefer something softer, you can adjust the size of the hook accordingly (use bigger size). Of course, then the number of rows and number of increasing stitches would have to be adjusted as well.



This pattern has 13 pages and 25 images, and can be yours for $3 only, via paypal.


As soon as I receive the payment, I will send you the pattern as a .PDF attachment.

OR

If you have an account on Ravelry, you can purchase the pattern via Ravelry Site by clicking on the button below and download the .PDF file right away.




Below is a peak preview of a stitch I used while making my hat, and an image of a smaller pink version.
The downloadable .PDF file is loaded with images to ensure that even a beginner can follow the step-by-step process.