Search This Blog and The Web

Knitted Simple Barbie Doll Skirt

I had a left over sock yarn from my arm warmers project so I decided to dress up my daughter's Barbie doll. My yarn is self striping so I didn't have to knit anything elaborate. It is so easy, that if you know how to knit on DPN you will have it done in no time. I still have some of the yarn and I am working on the top to go with the skirt.

Material:
leftover sock yarn (#1 or #2 thickness)
double pointed needles #3
hook #D

Abbreviations:
DPN - double pointed needles
CO - cast on
K - knit
P - purl
K2tog - knit two stitches together
BO - bind off
ch - chain


Step-by-Step Directions

Row 1         CO 40 sts
Row 2         K40, distribute among DPN evenly, join into the circle
Rnd 3          P40
Rnd 4          K40
Rnd 5          P40
Rnd 6          K40
Rnd 7          P40
Rnd 8-19     K40
Rnd 20        *[K2tog]* - repeat from * to *
Rnd 21         K20
Rnd 22-31   *[K1, P1]* - repeat from * to *
Rnd 32        with a hook *[BO, ch1]* - repeat from * to *, then make one last sl. st., weave both tails into the knitted skirt.

Note: While binding off I made one extra chain between the stitches, because the dolls hips are wide but the waist is very narrow. This way we can slide the skirt onto the doll without any problems.