Search This Blog and The Web

Crocheted Tall Baby Crown

Crown for 3 months old baby by HandMadeRukodelky
© 2017 
Quite some time ago I made my first simple crocheted crown for a baby. Depending on a color it could be done for boy or girl. It was a simple crown. Today, you will find a little more elaborate crown (my no. 2). More rows and different design. All our tiny babies should be treated like a prince or a princess. All babies deserve it. They are our precious beings or rather miracles. Put a crown on their heads :-)

In this post, I am using thick cotton yarn (again the same color as before - I love these ombre shades), which is a medium #4 weight. I should be using 5 mm hook, but in order for the crown to be stiff and stand up well, I used hook 3.75mm. If you use a bigger hook, it will make the crown slightly bigger, but more wobbly. A smaller hook will make the crown slightly smaller and stiffer.

I worked with 7 repeats. Each repeat is about 2" wide, so a "6 repeats" pattern would yield about ~12" crown around, while an "8 repeats" pattern would yield ~16" crown, and so on. Make one or more crowns to give away as party favors, make one for your teen or any adult as a fun gift.

If you want to learn "How To Crochet Tall Crown" along with my VIDEO TUTORIAL for Righties CLICK HERE,
& for VIDEO TUTORIAL "How To Crochet Tall Crown" for Lefties CLICK HERE

NOTE: It took me 2+ years to finally make this video. In the video, I work with 48 stitches and six 8-stitch repeats. This pattern is written for 7 repeats. 


WOULD YOU LIKE TO PARTICIPATE IN DRAWING TO WIN ONE OF THE CROWNS PICTURED IN THE IMAGE BELOW? THEN CLICK HERE
DEADLINE: MONDAY, 5-20-2019, MIDNIGHT (EST)



Materials (if you shop via affiliated links below you could help fund my future projects TXS):
Michaels online store, OR Hobby Lobby, OR Jo-Ann Fabrics, OR Walmart

1 ball of Lily's Sugar & Cream Cotton Yarn, medium weight #4; 2 oz./56.7 g; 95 yds/ 86 m; color - butter cream ombre
Hook - 3.75mm
Scissors
Yarn needle

Size:
Circumference:  ~14" (3 - 6 mos.)
Height:  4"

Abbreviations (American):
ch - chain
sc - single crochet
dc - double crochet
tr - triple crochet
sl st - slip stitch
sts - stitches
prev. - previous 



Step-By-Step Instructions:

Foundation Ch56 join into a circle with sl st to crochet in the round

Rnd 1             ch3, 1dc into each ch, join (total 55 dc + initial ch3)
Rnd 2             ch3, 1dc in next, ch2, skip 2 st, *[1 dc in next 2 sts, ch2, skip 2 st]* - repeat to end, join
Rnd 3             ch3, 1dc into each ch, join (total 55 dc + initial ch3)
Rnd 4             ch3 (loop), 1 sc into next st, ch2, skip 2 sts, *[1 sc into 3rd st, ch3 (loop), 1 sc into next st, ch2, skip 2 sts]* - repeat to end, join with sc into first ch3 loop at the beginning of Rnd 4
Rnd 5             ch1, 1 sc into the first loop at the beginning, *[ch1, into next "ch3 loop" make: (1 dc, ch1 - 6x), into next loop 1 sc]* - repeat to end, join with sl st into first sc st at the beginning of Rnd 5
Rnd 6             slip stitch into 2nd ch1-space in Rnd 5 (= skip 1st "ch1-space" and 1st dc in Rnd 5), then ch2 (represents hdc), 1 dc into next 2 sts, 1 tr into next 2 sts (Note: second tr will be at the top of "fan"), picot 3x into last tr, then 1 tr into 2 sts starting in the same stitch as last tr (Note: you should have 2 tr in the same stitch at the top of the "fan", incl 3 picots), 1 dc into next 2 sts, 1 hdc into next st; *[skip 5 sts, 1 hdc into 6th st (2nd ch1-space), 1 dc into next 2 sts, 1 tr into next 2 sts (Note: second tr will be at the top of "fan"), picot 3x into last tr, then 1 tr into 2 sts starting in the same stitch as last tr (Note: you should have 2 tr in the same stitch at the top of the "fan", incl 3 picots), 1 dc into next 2 sts, 1 hdc into next st]* - repeat to end, join with a slips st to 2nd ch of ch2 at the beginning of Rnd 6, make a knot and weave in both ends

In this graph, you see 2 repeats of the pattern which is crocheted in the round


You should have 7 peaks.

Finishing (optional):

Weave into second row your favorite ribbon and tie a bow. Or buy some rhinestones and attach them to the crown. (I yet have to do that, although the crown looks beautiful as is.)


***


DID YOU FIND ERRORS? Let me know on what page of my blog, and in which row by clicking HERE, and I will fix it as soon as I get to it. You can PM me on my FB Page HERE as well. Txs!
Also if you haven't subscribed to my HandmadeRukodelky Channel, you can do it HERE. There are many videos to be seen, too.

*******************************************************************************


Copyright page - click HERE



PLEASE, COMMENT ON YOUTUBE BELOW MY VIDEOS, AND/OR SHARE YOUR IMAGES OF YOUR RECREATED WORKS ON MY FB PAGE HERE :-)




Note: Most of the time I work as fast as I can to keep up with knitting and crocheting requests. I have to videotape, edit videos, then convert them & upload them to my channel. After that often I post on my blog patterns. I answer many questions, which means that often I work up to 16 hours a day. I would tremendously appreciate IF anyone of you who finds an error in the written pattern, to please, let me know - where (what rows) and what may be the problem. Many future knitters & crocheters from our artsy and crafty virtual world will thank you for your good deed, including myself.