On the left is my new hat which goes pattern-wise with my Very Simple Scarf For Beginners.
Bellow is a free pattern, but if you would prefer having this pattern in .pdf file (with several images) then you can visit my page on Ravelry for an easy download.
- yarn – any worsted (medium) – I used Red Heart for this project, but it would look nicer if knitted with a wool. I am not sure how much yarn I used as I was working from a big skein, but you may need more then 50g
- #5 circular needles (or 5 double pointed needles)
- hook #E
- CO – cast on
- st(s) – stitche(s)
- K – knit
- P – purl
- K2tog – knit 2 stitches together
- P2tog – purl 2 stitches together
- BO – bind off
- diameter – 21 in (79 sts)
- height – 8 in (66 rows)
Row 1 CO 79 sts
Row 2 *[K, P] entire row – connect into a circle
Row 3 – 60 *[P, K] continually for 60 rows
Row 61 – 65 *[K2tog, P2tog] continually for 5 rows
In the 66th row (when you have about 6 or 7 stitches) pull one stitch through all the remaining stitches with the hook to BO. Then continue crocheting chain of 30 stitches. Cut up 5 ½ - 6 in long strings of yarn for the tassel (your choice – I cut up 30 pieces, but 20 pieces would be sufficient too), fold them in half while tying all the pieces to the crocheted string, and making a tassel. Clean up all the loose ends and even out all the pieces on the tassel with scissors.
The pattern for a similar scarf (above) can be found on THIS page of my HandMade-Rukodelky blog.