Search This Blog and The Web

Knitted Lacy Hat For Youth And Adults

I wanted to knit a stylish hat for a spring/summer time. I wanted this hat to have holes to feel airy. Then I wanted it to look fluffy - just like puffy clouds. And it had to be fairly easy to knit. I chose a yarn not too thin and not too thick, and used knitting needles three sizes bigger. This hat is soft, and if you wash it by hand and just gently squeeze it to remove the water, and if you let it air dry, your hat will remain beautiful for a long time.


Size:
Circumference: 19" (stretches to 22 inches)
Height: 7" (rolled up 6")


Material:
Any Sport DK yarn
long needles size 9
4 double pointed needles size 9
hook F/5 (3.75 mm)

Abbreviations:
DPN - double pointed needle
CO - cast on
sts - stitches
K - knit
K2tog - knit two together (knit-wise)
K2togTBL - knit two together through the back loop
YO - yarn over
BO - bind off

Gauge:
1" x 1" = 4 sts x 7 rows

Step-by-Step Directions

Row 1          CO 70 sts on long needles
Row 2          K70, then transfer stitches to 3 DPNs and without twisting your knit join into a circle
Row 3-9       K70

Row 10        *[YO, K2togTBL]* - repeat from * to * through entire row
Row 11-12   K70

Row 13        *[K2tog, YO]* - repeat from * to * through entire row
Row 14-15   K70

Repeat Rows 10 through 15 four more times (total 5 sets of blue and red rows = Row 16 through Row 39)

Row 40       *[YO, K2togTBL]* - repeat from * to * through entire row
Row 41       *[K2tog]* - repeat from * to * through entire row
Row 42       K35

Row 43        *[K2tog, YO]* - repeat from * to * through entire row
Row 44       *[K2tog]* - repeat from * to * through entire row, except last st
Row 45       K18

Row 46       *[YO, K2togTBL]* - repeat from * to * through entire row
Row 47       *[K2tog]* - repeat from * to * through entire row
Row 48       K9, then with a hook BO by pulling yarn through all 9 sts, secure with one last slip stitch

Finish by cutting off the yarn and weaving in both ends.

Note - if you want to make this hat in a slouchy style, knit about 8 to 10 sets of Rows 10-15 (instead of 5 sets).


***

DID YOU FIND ERRORS? Let me know on what page of my blog, and in which row by clicking HERE, and I will fix it as soon as I get to it. You can PM me on my FB Page HERE as well. Txs!
Also if you haven't subscribed to my HandmadeRukodelky Channel, you can do it HERE. There are many videos to be seen, too.

*******************************************************************************


Copyright page - click HERE



PLEASE, COMMENT ON YOUTUBE BELOW MY VIDEOS, AND/OR SHARE YOUR IMAGES OF YOUR RECREATED WORKS ON MY FB PAGE HERE :-)






Note: Most of the time I work as fast as I can to keep up with knitting and crocheting requests. I have to videotape, edit videos, then convert them & upload them to my channel. After that often I post on my blog patterns. I answer many questions, which means that often I work up to 16 hours a day. I would tremendously appreciate IF anyone of you who finds an error in the written pattern, so please, let me know - where (what rows) and what may be the problem. Many future knitters & crocheters from our artsy and crafty virtual world will thank you for your good deed, including myself.