Search This Blog and The Web

Crocheted Baby Blanket

In October 2014 I made a couple of videos about granny squares. I never did any baby blanket before and I found this to be a LOT of fun. Although I do not have a small baby at home I decided to continue crocheting a baby blanket after I finished my tutorial video.

I decided to put the blanket together with a single stitch. I love the thin white lines between colorful squares. After I crocheted all the squares together, I crocheted an edge around, creating a "rounder" corners. My edge was crocheted this way:


  1. row of single crochet all around
  2. row of *[1 sc, ch3 into each third st.]* - repeat around the entire perimeter
  3. into each ch3 crochet 4 dc, then 1 slip stitch into each sc from previous row
Then I weaved in all the loose ends and voila, here are few images of the baby blanket (click on the images to see them bigger). 

Before I put the blanket together its measurements were 32"x40". My finished blanket measures 29"x35" without blocking it. If I would block the blanket it would be slightly bigger. 

Enjoy.

PS:
If you'd love to see videos, there are several in my playlist for right handed people HERE, and left handed crocheters can see a couple of videos HERE (although I do not show how to attach squares with single crochet stitch as in images below)