Search This Blog and The Web

Crocheted Triangle Turned Into Pennants For Party Decoration - Free Pattern and Video

Someone was asking me about pennants - decorations for a party. And I decided to make a video of crocheting triangles and turning them into pennants. In my video I crocheted several different combinations of color, but for me - I think I would like to make all of my pennants in light blue and white colors only. I did a search and the name of my blue color I have on my mind is called either Arctic Blue or Celeste. This blue looks really nice in combination with white yarn, IMHO. And if I would add to these colors medium gray that would not be bad either. But for now I will present you just very colorful pennants and you make yours in colors that please your eyes.

If you would prefer working along the video - then:


Of course, if you share my patterns or tutorial videos it will be greatly appreciated. I love sharing my efforts with the whole wide world on world wide web :-)

Enjoy.



Material:
any light worsted yarn, color of your choice
Hook size F (3.75 mm)
Scissors
Yarn Needle (optional)

Abreviations:
ch - chain
sc - single crochet
dc - double crochet
st(s) - stitch(es)
sl st - slip stitch
join - join with a slip st
ch3-sp - chain 3 space
C1 - choice of your color #1
C2 - choice of your color #2
C3 - choice of your color #3


Step-by-Step Directions:



Foundation: (C1) ch4, join with sl st

Rnd 1        (C1) into the ring: ch3, 2dc, ch3, 3dc, ch3, 3dc, ch3 - join, fasten off
Rnd 2        (C2) into first ch3-sp: ch3, 2 dc, ch3, 3 dc, ch3; into second ch3-sp: 3 dc, ch3, 3 dc, ch3;                       third ch3-sp: 3 dc, ch3, 3 dc, ch3; join, fasten off
Rnd 3        (if working with 2 colors C1; if working with 3 colors C3) start in one ch3-sp corner: ch3,                   2 dc, ch3, 3 dc, ch3, into ch3-sp between corners 3 dc, ch3; into second ch3-sp corner: 3                      dc, ch3, 3 dc, ch3, into ch3-sp between corners 3 dc, ch3; into third ch3-sp corner: 3 dc,                      ch3, 3 dc, ch3, into ch3-sp between corners 3 dc, ch3; join, fasten off
Rnd 4        (if working with 2 colors C2; if working with 3 colors C1 or C2) start in one ch3-sp                            corner: attach new yarn with a sl st, then ch1, 1 sc, then 1 sc into each st around, except in                    2 ch3-sp corners make 4 sc, finish in last corner (=in the first one, where you started) with                    1 sc, ch2, join and fasten off.

Make one tassel per triangle, which you will attach to ch2 space in your last crocheted corner AFTER you attach each triangle to your crocheted chain string.

Attaching Your Triangles:

Arrange triangles in the order you would like them to be attached - first triangle on top and last triangle on the bottom. Color coordinate them first so when they are next to each other colors do not clash.
Crochet a long chain (long enough to be able to tie it to your chosen spot). When the chain is long enough, hold first triangle facing you with the right side and the ch2-space corner toward the floor (remember, that will be your tassel corner). Slip stitch your long chain into right corner, then crochet a string (chains) of same length as the side of the triangle, then attach this chain to second (left) corner. (Lefties have these corners reversed = left to right). Now either make one chain and attach another triangle, or make about 5-10 chains and attach another triangle - your choice how you want them to be spaced. Continue until you attach all triangles, making sure not to forget about the ch2-space for tassel, otherwise you will have to frog your hard work and redo your efforts. When your last triangle is attached make again long chain so you can use it to tie your pennants to another spot. Block it if you need to.

Weave in all ends, then go and have fun at the party :-)



Follow me on FB

Follow me on Google+

Follow my videos on YouTube Channel