Search This Blog and The Web

B&W Fuzzy Scarf With iCord Edge For Fashion-conscious

Today, I would like to write about knitting my black and white fuzzy scarf, which I absolutely love.

Not too long ago I went to check out a yarn store that I like to visit occasionally. In this store, they had a knitted dark gray caplet with green fuzzy pieces sticking out and green edging around it. The effect of the green edging vs. green fuzzy pieces sticking out of the gray yarn was divine.

Then, I noticed they had these fuzzies in different colors too. One of them was a yarn with fuzzy white tufts. I knew right away that this yarn would be perfect for a scarf, which would go well with my white jacket that has black trim. So I bought four skeins of the fuzzy yarn and two skeins (per store owner's recommendation) for the trim. I had a hunch that I will not need two skeins for the trim. Instead, I should have bought five of the fuzzy yarns and one for the trim. Well, that's OK, I will make good use of the leftover white yarn in the future.

Knitting with "Lang Yarns" is not complicated. For my project, I used a seed stitch so my edges would not curl and my scarf would have a reversible effect. I could have used a garter stitch also, but I thought that seed stitch would allow for a longer scarf.

After wearing my scarf, I noticed that the tufts shed, which is fine with me because I wear my new scarf with my white jacket that has a nylon surface. But I cannot wear it with a cotton fabric, because I would look like I played with a dog.

I made a detailed video too. Enjoy.


VIDEO FOR RIGHT-HANDED

VIDEO FOR LEFT-HANDED



Materials:
Yarn

  • Lang Yarns, "Drago"; Color: 999.0094 (white tufts); Fiber: 41% Mohair - 25% Wool - 18% Nylon - 16% Acrylic; 50g/1.75 oz; 110 yds/100 m; Care: Use detergent for fine wash without softener
  • Berrocco, "Comfort"; Color: 9700 Chalk; Fiber: 50% Super Fine Nylon, 50% Super Fine Acrylic; 100g/3.5 oz; 210 yds; 


Knitting Needles - Long needles - 6.00 mm (for scarf); 2 short DPNs - size 5.5mm (for an i-cord)
Yarn needle
Scissors

Abbreviations:
CO - cast on
K - knit
P - purl
st, sts - stitch, stitches
WS - wrong side
RS - right side
K2togtbl - knit two stitches together through the back loop
BO - bind off



Gauge:
My gauge corresponds to a manufacturer's gauge on the yarn label

Size:
Length: 33"
Width: 7"

Step-by-Step:

Using Lang Yarns knit a rectangle of our desired width and length

Working with two long knitting needles CO 49 sts (or your desired number of stitches). I CO an odd number of stitches to work every row the same way (the seed stitch)

Row 1-??          (RS) *[K1, P1]* repeat to last st, K1

Knit as many rows as desired, do not bind off.

Work along the last row

CO 3 (or 4) stitches onto DPN and bind off using an i-cord technique. When finished with binding off, work using two DPNs - knit 3 rows in the round (K3), then (if you are right-handed) work i-cord as such:

Work along 1st long side

Rnd 1               pick one loop (leading yarn) along the side with your left END of your DPN (that has 3 sts on it), slide all 4 stitches toward the right side, K2, K2togtbl (white and dark stitches)

Rnd 2               pick second loop (leading yarn) along the side with your left END of your DPN (that has 3 sts on it), slide all 4 stitches toward the right side, K2, K2togtbl (= white and dark stitches)

Rnd 3               slide all 3 stitches toward the right side, K3

Repeat until you reach next corner, then knit 3 rows in the round (K3)

Work along the CO side (the bottom)

Rnd 1-49          pick each loop (every CO stitch) along the bottom with your left END of your DPN (that has 3 sts on it), slide all 4 stitches toward the right side, K2, K2togtbl (white and dark stitches)

Repeat until you reach next corner, then knit 3 rows in the round (K3)

Work along 1st long side

Rnd 1               pick one loop (leading yarn) along the side with your left END of your DPN (that has 3 sts on it), slide all 4 stitches toward the right side, K2, K2togtbl (white and dark stitches)

Rnd 2               pick second loop (leading yarn) along the side with your left END of your DPN (that has 3 sts on it), slide all 4 stitches toward the right side, K2, K2togtbl (= white and dark stitches)

Rnd 3               slide all 3 stitches toward the right side, K3

Repeat until you reach next corner, then knit 2 rows in the round (K3) - finish the i-cord by sewing both ends together and weave in all loose ends.



***

DID YOU FIND ERRORS? Let me know on what page of my blog, and in which row by clicking HERE, and I will fix it as soon as I get to it. You can PM me on my FB Page HERE as well. Txs!
Also if you haven't subscribed to my HandmadeRukodelky Channel, you can do it HERE. There are many videos to be seen, too.

*******************************************************************************


Copyright page - click HERE



PLEASE, COMMENT ON YOUTUBE BELOW MY VIDEOS, AND/OR SHARE YOUR IMAGES OF YOUR RECREATED WORKS ON MY FB PAGE HERE :-)






Note: Most of the time I work as fast as I can to keep up with knitting and crocheting requests. I have to videotape, edit videos, then convert them & upload them to my channel. After that often I post on my blog patterns. I answer many questions, which means that often I work up to 16 hours a day. I would tremendously appreciate IF anyone of you who finds an error in the written pattern, so please, let me know - where (what rows) and what may be the problem. Many future knitters & crocheters from our artsy and crafty virtual world will thank you for your good deed, including myself.