Search This Blog and The Web

Knitted Confetti Socks

I bought this yarn and made these socks over a year ago. I just didn't have time to finish editing my video and writing the pattern. But here I am a year later to make a little write up before I will publish all - the video and the pattern.

The yarn's colors were appealing to me so strongly that I just had to have it. I am sure you all know the feeling. I feel like a child in a candy store when I see yarn around me. Gold, turquoise and magenta colors intertwine in such ways that they look like confetti fell on the uncolored yarn. This yarn is hand-painted and reflects one of ancient South American color combinations, and it just may brighten anyone 's day.

However, you may replace this yarn with another fingering sock yarn of your choice, the one that appeals to you. Sock yarns are so beautiful these days, and there are a lot of talented yarn "painters". I may try to paint my sock yarn (or any other type of yarn) one day myself. I will keep you posted.


FOR THIS PROJECT YOU WILL NEED:

Yarn:
  • 1 ball of Araucania Yarn - Huasco Sock; Color: Guacamayo; 75% Superwash Wool; 25 % Polyamide; 3.52 oz/100 g; 433 yd/396 m 
  • DPN or Circular (long ones to knit using a magic circle)
  • Knitting Needles - 2.75mm
  • Yarn Needle (for weaving in the tail)
  • Scissors 
Size:
  • Shoe size: ~ US size 6
  • Ankle Area: ~ 6.5-7” circumference
  • Ribbing Height: 2”
  • Sole width: 3.25” (circumference is ~ 6.5”)
  • Length of the sole: ~7.5” (you can make it longer if you chose so)

VIDEOS:


And just in case: if you would like to purchase a written pattern and support my video teachings here is the link:



Copyright:
You may not sell/share my written pdf pattern to/with anyone, and you may not publish it as your own.
However, you may sell a finished product (socks) made by you.

Thank you.
***

DID YOU FIND ERRORS? Let me know on what page of my blog, and in which row by clicking HERE, and I will fix it as soon as I get to it. You can PM me on my FB Page HERE as well. Txs!
Also if you haven't subscribed to my HandmadeRukodelky Channel, you can do it HERE. There are many videos to be seen, too.

*******************************************************************************


Copyright page - click HERE



PLEASE, COMMENT ON YOUTUBE BELOW MY VIDEOS, AND/OR SHARE YOUR IMAGES OF YOUR RECREATED WORKS ON MY FB PAGE HERE :-)






Note: Most of the time I work as fast as I can to keep up with knitting and crocheting requests. I have to videotape, edit videos, then convert them & upload them to my channel. After that often I post on my blog patterns. I answer many questions, which means that often I work up to 16 hours a day. I would tremendously appreciate IF anyone of you who finds an error in the written pattern, so please, let me know - where (what rows) and what may be the problem. Many future knitters & crocheters from our artsy and crafty virtual world will thank you for your good deed, including myself.