Search This Blog and The Web

Crocheted Boobies a.k.a. Knockers

Crocheted boobies/prostetics
I have seen many articles on the Internet with knitted and crocheted boobies - in other words, breast prosthetics. There are many ladies in the world that have to have their breast(s) removed, but either they cannot afford a reconstructive surgery or they just do not want one. Breast prosthetics is one way to solve the boobie situation.

As a daughter of a mother who had a mastectomy and later died from cancer, I decided to make a video of crocheted boobie/prosthetic. This is one way to give my fellow crocheters a tool, which means a free pattern so they can help their friends, family members, or any organization of their choice. 

See the free pattern further down below, OR if you would like to watch a video instead, see 2 links just below:
CLICK HERE for a printable file (however I made few changes on this page regarding sizes, which are not reflected in the old printable file)


Material:
Any WORSTED yarn  (#4 weight) (such as Impeccable or Vanna's Choice); 2 different colors = for example, pink and light brown, or 2 browns
Hook - 4 mm
polyfill
Scissors
Yarn needle

Gauge (double crochet stitches):
1"x1" = 4 st x 2 rows

Size:
worsted #4 weight will yield a cup size (approximately "C" cup):
diameter - 4.25 inches
height - 3 inches

light #3 weight will yield a cup size:
the diameter - 3 inches
the height - 2 inches

Abbreviations:

ch - chain
dc - double crochet
hdc - half double crochet
join - join with a slip stitch
prev. - previous
incl. - including
2dctog - 2 double crochet stitches together (decrease)
2hdctog - 2 half double crochet stitches together (decrease)
MC - main color (in my case pink)
CC - complimentary color (in my case light brown)
st, sts - stitch, stitches


Step-by-Step:

Make 1 or 2 boobies

BASE PART

Foundation: with CC create a magic circle

Row 1          into the magic circle - ch3, 12 dc, join (total ch3 + 12 sts)
Row 2          ch3, 2 dc in each consecutive stitch from prev row, join (total ch3 + 24 sts)
Row 3          ch3, *[1 dc in first st, 2 dc in second]* - repeat from * to *, join (total ch3 + 36 sts)
Row 4          ch3, *[2 dc into first st, 1 dc in each of 2 consecutive sts]* - repeat from * to *, join (total ch3 + 48 sts)


TOP PART

Foundation: with MC crochet 48 chain sts, join (do not twist!!)

Row 1          ch3, 1 dc into each chain sts, starting in the ch3, join (total  ch3 + 48 sts)
Row 2          ch3, *[1 dc in in each of 6 consecutive sts, 2 dctog]* - repeat from * to *, join (total ch3 + 42 sts)
Row 3          ch3, 1 dc in in each of 42 consecutive sts, join (total ch3 + 42 sts)
Row 4          ch3, *[2dctog, 1 dc in each of 2 consecutive sts]* - repeat from * to * until last 2 sts, then 2dctog, join (total ch3 + 31 sts)
Row 5          ch3, *[1 dc, 2dctog]* - repeat from * to * until last st, then 1 dc, join (total ch3 + 21)

Continue with CC

Row 6          ch1, *[2hdctog]* - repeat from * to * until last st, then make one more 2hdctog into last AND the base of first st, join (total ch1 + 11 sts)
Row 7          ch1, *[2hdctog]* - repeat from * to * 5x total, join (total ch1 + 5 sts)
Row 8          ch1, 1 sc st in each of 5 consecutive st, join

First weave in all the tails of both pieces. Then crochet or sew both pieces together 3/4 way. Fill it with polyfill and finish crocheting or sewing it. Weave in your last tail(s).

If you would like to make a smaller cup size (looks like bigger "A" cup to me) - use DK yarn (#3 weight) - see smaller boobies in the image below.

"C" cup prosthetics in the top part of the image
& difference between "smaller" cup and "C" cup in the lower part of the image 
***

DID YOU FIND ERRORS? Let me know on what page of my blog, and in which row by clicking HERE, and I will fix it as soon as I get to it. You can PM me on my FB Page HERE as well. Txs!
Also if you haven't subscribed to my HandmadeRukodelky Channel, you can do it HERE. There are many videos to be seen, too.

*******************************************************************************


Copyright page - click HERE



PLEASE, COMMENT ON YOUTUBE BELOW MY VIDEOS, AND/OR SHARE YOUR IMAGES OF YOUR RECREATED WORKS ON MY FB PAGE HERE :-)




Note: Most of the time I work as fast as I can to keep up with knitting and crocheting requests. I have to videotape, edit videos, then convert them & upload them to my channel. After that often I post on my blog patterns. I answer many questions, which means that often I work up to 16 hours a day. I would tremendously appreciate IF anyone of you who finds an error in the written pattern, so please, let me know - where (what rows) and what may be the problem. Many future knitters & crocheters from our artsy and crafty virtual world will thank you for your good deed, including myself.